Missouri Community Health Worker – Contract Worker
Location: Southeast Missouri – Dunklin, Mississippi, New Madrid or Pemiscot County
This position is located in southeast Missouri. The applicant will work and must live in one of (4) counties: Dunklin, Mississippi, New Madrid or Pemiscot.
Community Health Workers (CHWs) will play an important role in Heart to Heart International’s rural health initiative and will be involved in developing a strategy for community members to identify important concerns and conduct research to better understand the root causes of problems. CHWs will be integral in helping HHI facilitate community participation to identify their strengths and resources; prioritize needs and gaps in existing services; develop action plans; and design, implement, test and evaluate new programs. Community Health Workers will be the frontline workers for Heart to Heart’s programs and initiatives, and their role will be critical to improving health outcomes for the communities we serve.
- Must reside in Dunklin, Mississippi, New Madrid or Pemiscot County
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- High school diploma or its equivalent; some college preferred
- One to two years of responsible work experience in a community- based setting preferred
- Knowledge of some medical terminology preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearly and use language appropriately
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be a trustworthy member of the community
Location: Charleston, Missouri
The Program Manager works directly with HHI Executive Director, other HHI staff, partner organizations and the community to coordinate activities associated with the rural health initiative. The position is primarily focused on the overall management and day-to-day execution of the projects, initiatives and other duties as assigned in the Dunklin, Mississippi, New Madrid and Pemiscot counties in southeast Missouri. The office is located in Charleston, Missouri.
- Overall Program Management of Rural Health Initiative
- Project Monitoring and Tracking
- Community Engagement
- Management of Social Media Platform
- Assist with setting and tracking realistic goals
- Other duties assigned by the Executive Director
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to population health, health administration and process improvement
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Must be highly organized and able to work well with others; independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Windows-based computer application and database management
- Prior experience working in a community-based organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, synthesize and communicate complex concepts and principles.
- Ability to interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, public health, nursing, social work or similar field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least two years of progressively responsible work experience and demonstrated success in program coordination
- Professional Knowledge and Skills: Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Thank you for your interest in Heart to Heart International.
A CAREER WITH A CAUSE
The Heart to Heart International (HHI) staff is comprised of a skilled and dedicated team of people from varied backgrounds, augmented by dedicated volunteers, who are focused on a common purpose – to create a healthier world. Each day we work to connect more people and more resources to a world in need.