Personal hygiene is one of the top needs for people struggling with the unexpected loss of shelter, food and water due to disaster. Heart to Heart Care Kits offer that first line of defense against the spread of illness, a first step toward good health… and they provide dignity in a small bag for those who have suffered during crises.
These are items that can be purchased at a local store and assembled anywhere. Whether you’re an individual, or part of a company, school, university, civic group, Scout troop, religious community — any group — you can assemble and fund Heart to Heart Care Kits.
1 hand towel
1 wide-toothed comb
1 bottle shampoo (4-15 ozs)
1 bar of soap, individually wrapped
1 toothbrush, individually sealed
1 tube toothpaste (2-6 ozs)
10 adhesive bandages, standard size
2 one-gallon resealable plastic bags
2 sandwich-sized resealable plastic bags
- Place bar of soap in sandwich bag
- Place adhesive bandages into sandwich bag
- Now, place all hygiene products in a one-gallon resealable bag. Seal it. Now place the filled bag upside-down into a second one-gallon resealable plastic bag, and seal the second bag.
- Pack 10-12 completed Heart to Heart Care Kits in a sturdy cardboard box (please, no additional items).
- Complete the Heart to Heart Care Kit Information Form, insert it into an envelope with your financial support (we encourage a donation of $2 per kit to help with preparing and distributing the kits) and place the envelope inside the box.
- Mark the outside of the box: “Form Inside.”Secure each box with packing tape.
On the outside of each box, mark the number of Heart to Heart Care Kits contained within each box i.e. “12 kits inside”.
(NOTE: The Heart to Heart sticker, as seen in photo, will be added to each kit as it passes through our Global Distribution Center on its way to to helping those in need)
Add your address and ship the box to:
Heart to Heart International
Global Distribution Center
9650 Dice Lane
Lenexa, KS 66215