Laboratory Program Manager
Location: Lenexa, Kansas
The Laboratory Program Manager is responsible for the oversight of various national and international programs. Oversight will include program development and management, volunteer recruitment and direction, interaction with local, regional and national officials, project management, relationships with donors and grantees and other NGOs involved with projects.
The manager will lead all aspects of their individual laboratory projects as well as being familiar with other Heart to Heart International (HHI) programs and assisting as necessary with the planning and implementation of those programs. This role will ensure that HHI adheres to appropriate laboratory regulations in its laboratory programs, including laboratory standards and regulations of host countries.
The Laboratory Program Manager will work with HHI Volunteer Management, Programs, Resource Development, Crisis Management, Logistics, Operations and Finance to ensure coordination of all activities with HHI operating policy and procedure. This position is an integral team member of Heart to Heart International helping to support the growth of HHI’s humanitarian services operations.
- Minimum of a BS degree, MS preferred, with certification as ASCP (MLS) or equivalent. Masters can be in a variety of applicable fields encompassing business or health.
- Seven (7) years of experience as Clinical Laboratory Manager is required with an additional six (6) years’ experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist as a prerequisite.
- Experience with laboratories in developing nations is required. Safety net clinic or point of care laboratory experience is a plus.
- Technical knowledge of basic laboratory instrumentation, laboratory information systems and Microsoft office products.
- Experience with travel and working in developing nations.
- Extensive travel is required. 25-30%
- Demonstrates ability to work independently
- Enjoys working in a team environment and supportive of colleagues.
- Demonstrates integrity, credibility, commitment and a high level of interest in HHI’s mission; a proactive, hands-on manager who will own, in partnership with the Program Director, the responsibility for projects.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of laboratory operations, workflow and testing.
- Solid experience coordinating laboratory projects, conducting internal and external inspections, developing continual improvement projects, and ensuring compliance with laboratory regulations.
- Commitment to mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team of both domestic and international staff with the foresight and ability to delegate appropriately.
- Keen analytic and problem-solving skills which allow for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data to stakeholders.
- Cultural sensitivity in diverse settings
- Foreign language skills a plus.
Missouri Community Health Worker
Location: Southeast Missouri – Dunklin, Mississippi, New Madrid or Pemiscot County
This position is located in southeast Missouri. The applicant will work and must live in one of (4) counties: Dunklin, Mississippi, New Madrid or Pemiscot.
Community Health Workers (CHWs) will play an important role in Heart to Heart International’s rural health initiative and will be involved in developing a strategy for community members to identify important concerns and conduct research to better understand the root causes of problems. CHWs will be integral in helping HHI facilitate community participation to identify their strengths and resources; prioritize needs and gaps in existing services; develop action plans; and design, implement, test and evaluate new programs. Community Health Workers will be the frontline workers for Heart to Heart’s programs and initiatives, and their role will be critical to improving health outcomes for the communities we serve.
- Must reside in Dunklin, Mississippi, New Madrid or Pemiscot County
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- High school diploma or its equivalent; some college preferred
- One to two years of responsible work experience in a community- based setting preferred
- Knowledge of some medical terminology preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearly and use language appropriately
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be a trustworthy member of the community
Location: Charleston, Missouri
The Program Manager works directly with HHI Executive Director, other HHI staff, partner organizations and the community to coordinate activities associated with the rural health initiative. The position is primarily focused on the overall management and day-to-day execution of the projects, initiatives and other duties as assigned in the Dunklin, Mississippi, New Madrid and Pemiscot counties in southeast Missouri. The office is located in Charleston, Missouri.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, public health, nursing, social work or similar field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least two years of progressively responsible work experience and demonstrated success in program coordination
- Professional Knowledge and Skills: Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to population health, health administration and process improvement
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Must be highly organized and able to work well with others; independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Windows-based computer application and database management
- Prior experience working in a community-based organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, synthesize and communicate complex concepts and principles.
- Ability to interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Thank you for your interest in Heart to Heart International.
A CAREER WITH A CAUSE
The Heart to Heart International (HHI) staff is comprised of a skilled and dedicated team of people from varied backgrounds, augmented by dedicated volunteers, who are focused on a common purpose – to create a healthier world. Each day we work to connect more people and more resources to a world in need.