Community Health Worker
Location: Kansas & Missouri
Heart to Heart International (HHI) strengthens communities through improving health access, providing humanitarian development and administering crisis relief worldwide. We engage volunteers, collaborate with partners and deploy resources to achieve this mission.
The COVID-19 Community Health Worker (CHW) is responsible for supporting Heart to Heart International in meeting the objectives of the COVID-19 Vaccination Outreach and Education Project.
This is a full-time position and will terminate at the conclusion of the project in August 2022 or sooner. Full-time hours (40/wk) are expected; however, the total number of hours may vary and are not guaranteed. The number of vaccination and education events in each week may vary and will include evening and weekend hours.
- Work closely with community partners to engage, recruit and train members of identified communities to reach target population and achieve vaccination goals.
- Support partnering community-based leaders to fill in the gaps in messaging, outreach based on their specific communities’ concerns.
- Work and communicate effectively and respectfully with highly diverse populations.
- Support outreach, feedback and communication efforts to drive vaccination objectives, including vaccination rates of families and children 12 years and older.
- Work with community partners to insure effective and efficient events, including events at HHI headquarters. Duties may include:
- Obtaining required PPE and supplies from HHI warehouse for use at event site
- Event set up
- Greeting participants and confirm necessary registration
- Addressing process issues that impede event success
- In partnership with community leaders, promote the utilization of mobile vaccine clinics in target and underserved neighborhoods.
- Participate in ongoing training, remaining current with information on the state of the vaccination effort, changes in the pandemic epidemiology, and any new findings or research applicable to their efforts.
- Provide feedback to program leadership regarding lessons learned and improvement opportunities to achieve program goals.
- Provide information required for grant reporting as requested.
- Follow Infection Control Procedures (ICP)
- Work effectively indoors or outdoors in various conditions
- As required, drive a large pick up or van
- Community Health Worker, public health or nonprofit experience
- Experience working with public health, health systems and other community-based organizations.
- Demonstrated community relationship building skills
- COVID response experience a plus.
- Familiarity with HIPAA a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Successful completion of a drug screen and background check
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination(s)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Available for evening and weekend hours
- Available for travel in Missouri and Kansas
- Lift and carry 60 lbs.
- Highly dependable, reliable, and flexible.
- Organized individual with attention to detail.
Heart to Heart International is committed to accomplishing its mission in a way that protects all program beneficiaries and personnel. It is our shared responsibility to prevent sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. Heart to Heart staff and volunteers are held to the highest standards of conduct and prohibited from any behavior that places individuals at risk of abuse.