Director of Impact
Location: Lenexa, KS
Heart to Heart International improves healthcare access in the U.S. and around the world. We achieve the goal by distributing resources, conducting training, engaging volunteers and responding to disasters.
The Director of Impact will play a crucial role in developing and implementing the systems and tools that will identify and capture how our programs are meeting our mission. They will be responsible for the collection, management, and analysis of impact data and will work closely with program teams, implementing partners, and donors.
- Work with HHI Leadership to hone our Theory of Change and refine/define our Outcomes Framework. This effort will start with our product distribution program and expand to other program areas over time
Implement a partner auditing process to ensure that HHI donated products are being used in a manner consistent with donor intent
- Build on existing practices to manage, coordinate, and execute the collection of impact data from HHI program areas, partner organizations, and stakeholders, providing support for timely, accurate, and consistent reporting
- Collaborate with HHI’s Development and Communications Team to translate impact data into meaningful evidenced based storytelling
- Engage with program teams to help them envision and embed creative methods for impact measurement into the solutions they’re delivering to our partners
- Work with our partners to shape how they collect and share data with us
- Establish and foster strong working relationships with partners and stakeholders, including Donor Companies, NGOs, relevant national government departments/ministries, local/regional authorities, community leaders and beneficiaries
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Manage special projects or initiatives, as assigned by the VP.
- Provide support organization-wide as needed.
- Represent HHI with professionalism at conferences, meetings and workshops and in all dealings with partners, contractors, vendors, volunteers, beneficiaries, etc.
- Understanding of international humanitarian standards and coordination systems required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, tact, willingness to listen and respect colleagues.
- Experience managing international health projects in a developing country/low resource environment is an advantage.
- Proven ability to think critically and creatively.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office required.
- Professional proficiency in English required; proficiency in French, Spanish or Arabic is an advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years of international development/humanitarian response experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Studies, Political Science, Humanitarian Studies, or related field
- Master’s in Public Health or Public Administration an advantage.
Heart to Heart International is committed to accomplishing its mission in a way that protects all program beneficiaries and personnel. It is our shared responsibility to prevent sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. Heart to Heart staff and volunteers are held to the highest standards of conduct and prohibited from any behavior that places individuals at risk of abuse.