Event Site Coordinator
Heart to Heart International (HHI) strengthens communities through improving health access, providing humanitarian development and administering crisis relief worldwide. We engage volunteers, collaborate with partners and deploy resources to achieve this mission. The COVID-19 Event Site Coordinator (ESC) is responsible for supporting Heart to Heart International in the COVID-19 Testing Project towards achieving the mission of HHI.
This is a temporary, full-time position and will terminate at the conclusion of the project. Full-time hours (40/wk) are expected; however, the total number of hours may vary and are not guaranteed.
Typical workdays are between 5 and 8 hours. There could be as few as no events in each week or as many as 6. Events will be held during inclement weather and may be cancelled at any time severe weather threatens the safe, effective operation of events.
- Obtain all required PPE from HHI warehouse for use at collection site
- Greet registered participants and provide surgical mask to them if needed.
- If participant has preregistered, check name on preprinted list and complete check-in
- If participant has not registered, give link or QR code for smartphone registration. (If participant does not have a smart phone, set up tablet for registration instead.)
- Label collection kit with patient first name, last name, and birthdate.
- Fix label on test kit and place labeled kit on vehicle and direct participant to testing station.
- Identify process issues at collection site and communicate with HHI programs team
- As required drive a large pick up (current vehicle: Ford F-250)
- Follow Infection Control Procedures (ICP)
- Work effectively outside in all weather conditions
- Work and communicate effectively and respectfully with highly diverse populations
- College student (or recent college graduate) is preferred
- Familiarity with HIPAA a plus, but not required (training will be provided, DOE).
- Organized individual
- Someone who is interested in nonprofit work, public health, or administrative work
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
- Valid Driver’s License, excellent driving record
- Lift and carry 60 lbs.
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions and be on your feet for up to 8 hours
- Highly dependable, reliable, and flexible.