PowrServ Sales Manager
Heart to Heart International (HHI) strengthens communities through improving health access, providing humanitarian development and administering crisis relief worldwide. We engage volunteers, collaborate with partners and deploy resources to achieve this mission.
Location: Lenexa, KS
PowrServ is a program within Heart to Heart International that provides hygiene kit assembly events to corporations, churches, and civic groups to achieve their team-building and philanthropic objectives. Completed hygiene kits are distributed to persons impacted by natural and man-made disasters.
The PowrServ Sales Manager is responsible for generating new PowrServ events with new and existing partners.
- Collaborate with the Vice President, PowrServ on the annual business development and sales strategy.
- Secure commitments with new and existing partners for incremental hygiene kit building events.
- Engage in business development activities, as necessary, to support the sales objectives.
- Market Research
- Competitive Research
- Lead Generation
- Target Market Profiling
- Collaborate with the PowrServ and Communication teams on the development of sales slicks, pamphlets, videos, social media content and other tools to enhance the image of the program.
- Channel the “voice of the customer” to operational groups to support continuous improvement of the service.
- Maintain a solid understanding of PowrServ, Heart to Heart programs and disaster response activities in order to properly communicate the mission in sales calls as well as various public speaking engagements.
- Participate in the execution of PowrServ events as relationship-building and operational needs warrant. This involves the capability to lift 40 lbs.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the logistics of planning and executing a successful PowrServ event for the purpose of selling and facilitating events.
- Collaborate with different levels of management in constituent organizations in the execution of sales and event facilitation activities e.g. Logistics, Operations, Warehouse, Finance, Communications and Volunteer Coordination.
- Generate invoices and maintain receivable balances consistent with Finance objectives.
- Generate financial and operational reporting on past performance and future projections.
- Participate in disaster response activity (and possibly deployments), as requested, when resources are in short supply.
- Experience in a sales capacity is required.
- Business to Business sales experiences highly preferred.
- Experience cold calling is a plus.
- Experience in business development activity is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Polished communication skills with the ability to speak in front of large groups. Professionalism in dress and decorum are expected.
- A passion for working with people and a heart for humanitarian work is essential.
- A working knowledge of the MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook) and overall computer literacy is required.
- Must have a strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the goals and mission of Heart to Heart International.
- Should be receptive to working non-standard hours and in various functional capacities as conditions warrant.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, although the degree emphasis can vary.
- Travel is expected to exceed 40% and includes nights and weekends.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- A valid U.S. driver’s license.
- A valid passport.