Heart to Heart International (HHI) strengthens communities through improving health access, providing humanitarian development and administering crisis relief worldwide. We engage volunteers, collaborate with partners and deploy resources to achieve this mission.
Location: Lenexa, KS
20 or 40 hrs/week
The receptionist manages all aspects of the reception area and front desk operations. This position ensures all staff and visitors are received in a professional manner, the multi-line telephone system is operated properly, and all incoming calls are directed appropriately in a cheerful and professional manner.
- Serve as a greeter to cordially welcome on-site visitors, determine the nature of their business and announce the visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor visitor access to the building.
- Answer main HHI phoneline and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Retrieve messages from general voice mail and forward to appropriate personnel.
- Become familiar with staff, volunteers and their areas of responsibility.
- Represent HHI in a positive manner to internal and external community.
- Ability to understand and verbalize the organization’s mission.
- Work with front desk volunteers to ensure continuous coverage of the reception area.
- Maintain the general neatness and appearance of the front desk and lobby.
- Receive UPS and FedEx deliveries and route to appropriate area.
- Assist with general administrative projects as needed.
- Must exude a professional and friendly attitude.
- Possess basic computer skills with knowledge of MS Office.
- Should be innovative in problem-solving.
- Provide excellent customer service to all HHI staff, donors, volunteers and community members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have a commitment to the mission, vision and guiding principles of HHI.