In December, the Disaster Response Team launched the first virtual volunteer workshop. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, converting the normally in-person workshop to a virtual format was critical to ensuring the safety of Heart to Heart International volunteers while also preparing them to deploy to disasters both domestically and globally.
The prevalence of COVID-19 doesn’t stop disasters from occurring, and when hurricanes, tornadoes, wildfires and earthquakes cause destruction, people need medical care.
The virtual workshop consisted of live zoom sessions conducted over five days and reading of pre-requisite material stored on an online learning management system. The workshop culminated with an online simulation. The volunteers from this workshop will go on to be mentors in future virtual workshops.
We are eager to host the next virtual workshop! Stay tuned for upcoming dates and sign-up information!
- Partner Spotlight: ArtClass Content
- Hygiene essentials to Afghan refugees
- Hurricane Ida makes landfall – HHI responds
- Volunteer Spotlight: Maureen Ritho, Medical Laboratory Consultant
- Haiti team treats Haitian earthquake survivors