The national weather service is forecasting Tropical Storm Laura to become a strong hurricane after it enters the Gulf of Mexico, but Tropical Storm Marco appears to be weakening as it approaches Louisiana. This is helping ease the worst fears of two powerful hurricanes making landfall one after the other.
Heart to Heart International’s Disaster Response Team is monitoring the impact and forecasted paths of both storms and has hygiene kits and personal protective equipment ready to support to local agencies on the ground impacted by the storms.
Additionally, the mobile medical unit is prepared to deploy to provide direct patient care to those impacted by the storms if needed.
HHI will continue to monitor and assess needs as these storms develop.
- Partner Spotlight: ArtClass Content
- Hygiene essentials to Afghan refugees
- Hurricane Ida makes landfall – HHI responds
- Volunteer Spotlight: Maureen Ritho, Medical Laboratory Consultant
- Haiti team treats Haitian earthquake survivors